The Geneva Bughouse
Geneva, Switzerland, August 18-21, 2006
1. The program
Friday, August 18th
- From 7 PM on: welcome barbecue hosted by Rodolphe Francey.
Saturday, August 19th
Sunday, August 20th
- From 1 PM on : outdoor bughouse on giant boards and
casual bughouse at the Parc des Bastions.
- 4 PM : outdoor session of multi-bughouse.
- From 6 PM on : outdoor casual bughouse and/or ping-pong, .
Monday, August 21st
- From 1 PM and all the day long: outdoor
casual bughouse and/or ping-pong at the Parc des Bastions.
2. The places
At Rodolphe Francey's place, chemin de Montesquiou 9, 1213 Onex.
Echecs-Club Bois-Gentil, c/o Club des Aînés "Les
Cèdres", 9 rue du Grand-Pré.
A comfortable indoor place close to the main railway
- From Sunday on:
Parc des Bastions, just near the Place Neuve.
In this classical outdoor meeting place of
Geneva chessplayers, there are three big tables, many
giant chessboards and ping-pong tables. Of course there
will be plenty of classical boards and clocks as well.
In case of continuous rain we will not play in the park, but Sunday at the Echecs-Club Bois-Gentil (address above) and Monday at the secondary place of the same club, 58 Cité Villars.
International Swiss Bughouse Championship
- Date: August 19th, 3 PM
- Place: Club des Aînés "les
Cèdres", 9, rue du Grand-Pré, Genève.
- Entry: free, limited to 20 teams.
- Prize: One prize to a random team.
- Form: 4-fold round robin (depending
of the number of participants), with a final between the two first teams. Additional matches in case of a tie.
- Time control: 3 minutes.
4. The organisation
- Free accomodation for at least 10
participants will be possible at the places of some
Geneva players. Priority will be acknowledged to players
from abroad, and amongst them to the first ones to
- Enough chessboards and digital clocks will
be provided by Echecs-Club Bois-Gentil
- Stuff to make sandwiches and (hopefully
cold) drinks will be at the free disposal of players
during the whole gathering.
- For subscriptions and/or more details,
you can mail Fabrice Liardet, or
phone me at (+41 22) 301 19 05.
But you can do even better : use this message board !